Jhalana Leopard Safari Park is a park located in Jaipur and is famous for leopard sightings. It is India’s first Leopard Reserve located in Jaipur with an area of more than 20 square km.
Apart from its leopards, Jhalana Leopard Safari Park houses a rich diversity of flora and other types of fauna like jackals, hyena, and many more.
Jhalana Leopard Safari Park is a National Park that is located in Jaipur. It is also called the land of leopards due to the residence of more than 30 leopards in a small forest area. Due to its geographical location, this Safari Park holds an amazing diversity of flora and fauna. You can see a large variety of flora and fauna across its plains, deserts, mountains, rivers, valleys, tropical rainforests, coastal mangroves, Himalayan foothills, and the snow-clad regions of the Upper North.
Sitting in the lap of the Aravali Hills, besides being famous for the frequent leopard sightings, Jhalana Leopard Safari Park also is a proud home of almost five hundred other animal species such as jackals, nilgai, jungle cats, peacock, and many others.
Why to Visit
To summarize why one should visit Jhalana Leopard Safari Park is leopards. If you want to see leopards walking freely in the backdrop of lush jungles, then Jhalana Leopard Safari Park is your place. Besides this, Jhalana Leopard Safari has grown into a recognized non-profit wildlife park dedicated to conservation, education, and animals in wide-open spaces.
Apart from the leopards themselves, you get to enjoy the picturesque views of the Aravali Hills as well. These majestic hills are the oldest mountain range in India.
Tips for Visitors
- Rules and Regulations of the National Park should be followed by the visitors.
- Follow Instructions of the Forest Officials.
- Maintain Silence and Discipline in the Park.
- Wear light clothes in summer and winters there should be jackets, mufflers, and caps.
- Maintain a safe distance from wild animals.
- Take care of small children.
- Music Instruments should not be taken inside.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the National park.
- Do not feed wild animals, the food you consume might be harmful to them.
- Do not use any strong perfumes inside the National Park.
- Photography is allowed but using a flashlight is strictly prohibited.
- Overspeeding of vehicles is strictly prohibited.
The place Jhalana itself is very famous for its culture, aartis, and well, its leopard sightings. The Aravali Hills is one of the most beautiful mountains and you can actually go hiking on these hills. There are various hiking groups that you can join.
How to Reach
This Park is only 7 km away from the domestic airport and is well connected by all other mediums of transportation as well. You can also visit Jhalana Leopard Safari Park via train. The Jaipur Railway Junction is 13 km away. Another option is to travel by bus. This too would be convenient because Sindhi Camp Bus Stand is only 11 km away.